Friday, September 18, 2015

Sugar Overload

Guys, I hate to say it, but I think I have a problem...






Just kidding! If you know me you know that I am not really a chocolate fan, but every once in awhile we all need a little something sweet.  As I have been blogging, I realized I haven't made anything sweet yet. My meals have all been dinners and not any kind of fun dessert (insert sad face here). Time to change this.

This weekend we went apple picking and came home with WAY to many apples. I quickly used my Pinterest searching skills to find a dessert that included apples. One of the first ones that popped up was for the Snickers and caramel apple pie. Done! Quick and easy is what I like.

The things you need to create this fabulous meal are:
  • 2-3 apples (depending on size)
  • a bag of mini Snickers (I used about 20 minis)
  • 4 ounces of cream cheese
  • 2 1/2 cups of Cool Whip 
  • 1/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk
  • one graham cracker crust tin
  • caramel sauce to drizzle on top

Step 1: Cut your apples into small slices.


Step 2: Cut your Snickers into small pieces.


Step 3: Mix the two together in the graham cracker crust pan.


Step 4: Mix the cream cheese, cool whip and condensed milk together until smooth.


Step 5: Put the frosting on top of the apples and Snickers and spread around.


Step 6: Put extra decorative Snickers and apples on top for more delicious flavoring.


Step 7: Drizzle caramel ALL OVER.


Step8: Enjoy!



When I tried the pie I thought it was good even though it was so messy, but then I brought some to my neighbors and they said that is the best dessert they have tasted in a long time. Success! It was a great night as we sat around the fire with some pie and laughter. It was much needed as the week winded down. 

What are some fall desserts that you find yourself cooking? 

Bon appétite!

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! This has everything I love and I'm sure all of the necessary food groups are represented as well. I think that you should bring some to class on Saturday!! Where do you go apple picking? I love apple crisp this time of year, especially warmed with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream and a cup of coffee, of course!! Your Snicker's apple pie looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete