Friday, July 17, 2015

Gotta Start Somewhere...

Hearty burger.
Gooey cheese.
Crispy lettuce.
Salty fries.



Is your mouth watering yet?

When I began thinking about topics for my new blog, I wanted to be able to talk about something that I love and where I can challenge myself to do something new. As many of us do, I have a love of food. I love going out to eat while having a great time with family and friends.

When I am at home I am at most a decent cook. I am no Julia Child, but I would love to be able make some amazing appetizers, entrees and desserts that you see on the cooking shows and in restaurants.

So when I got home today, I wanted to do a few things.
  1. Relax
  2. Not do any homework
  3. Relax
  4. Think about a meal that I could make that was simple
  5. Make it
I decided that grilling looks easy so I started there. I grilled some chicken steaks, threw together a salad and made some creamy buttered noodles. I paired it with some Pinot Noir and sat down to my meal. Overall, it tasted good and was not too heavy or light of a meal.



I must have been feeling overly ambitious because then I wanted dessert. As I scrolled through Pinterest I saw a cream cheese crumb cake that looked SO GOOD. Luckily I had all the ingredients and could begin creating my masterpiece. 

After I made a large mess in the kitchen, I pulled my delicious smelling cake from the oven.  My first bite was a little dry and I was bummed and disappointed. But as I got closer to the middle it was soft and delicious! YAY! I would say this is a step in the right direction.

As I blog more in the future, please add some amazing meals you made, ate while you were out or a fun drink you had along the way!

Bon appétit!


-Brittany-



3 comments:

  1. Ok, you got my mouth watering at 9:42 at night! I am looking forward to some of your recipes and wine pairings! I am on a 5 day clean eating challenge, but starting next week, bring it on! Do you find you go on Pinterest a lot for ideas? I feel like all my favorite meals were found from there! Here is one that is SO good if you like asian,and it is so QUICK for school nights: http://damndelicious.net/2013/07/07/korean-beef-bowl/

    Keep up the awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the mouth watering blog! So impressed that you just jumped right in and made these wonderful recipes, Brittany. I like the wine pairing as well. I find I'm a seasonal wine person.... pinot grigio in the summer. I guess because I'm eating lighter I want a lighter "summery" wine. Let me know if you have any pinot grigio wines that you really like. I'll share my favorite dish of the summer. If you like a light mahi mahi fish taco, this is the recipe for you:) I made the fish on my George Foreman that evening because it was so buggy out. I'm sure it would taste even better on a real grill. http://www.chow.com/recipes/29193-basic-fish-tacos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly! Don't undersell yourself - you seem like quite the chef to me!! Your meal looks DELICIOUS - the perfect mix of health and "yumminess". Got to love the wine pairing as well. Perhaps you should start packing some leftovers to bring me for lunch? ;) :) I can't wait to read about more of your meals and wine pairings!

    I did some grilled cheese experimenting this summer (is that weird?), and really enjoyed this one, with a few adjustments: http://www.missinformationblog.com/california-grilled-cheese-sandwich/
    Instead of putting on straight tomatoes and Jalapeno though, I add a scoop or so of Jewel's fresh garden salsa. It tastes like Chipotle's mild salsa. Maybe that's why I like it? The bacon and avocado add a yummy edge to regular grilled cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete